I- THE GOVERNMENT
- Minister of Economy and Finance ;
- Minister of Agriculture and Maritime Fishing ;
- Minister of Foreign Trade.
II- THE PROFESSION
- THE MOROCCAN ASSOCIATION OF THE ORGANIC PRODUCTION SECTOR (A.MA.BIO).
Period covered: 2011-2020
Date of signature of the PC: April 26, 2011
Completion date: December 31, 2020
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM CONTRACT
Expansion of organic cultivated areas by 2020
- 40.000 ha
- 400.000 T in plant production
- 8,500 T of animal products
- 35,000 permanent jobs
- 9 Millions JT against 1 Million currently
Development of exports and increase in foreign exchange earnings
- 60.000 T by 2020 against 10.000 T in 2010
- 800 M MAD by 2020 against 100 M MAD in 2010
- Increase in the consumption of organic products at the national level
AXIS 1: The strengthening of the research and development component aiming at the valorization of local resources and the optimization of good agricultural practices in order to :
- Increase productivity;
- Improve quality and competitiveness.
AXIS 2: Improvement of the conditions of valorization, marketing and promotion of organic products on the national and international market through :
- The realization of a market study;
- Increased supply and improved quality;
- Strengthening of promotion and marketing campaigns for organic products.
AXIS 3: Improvement of the framework conditions of the sector :
- Establishment of a national legislative and regulatory framework ;
- Establishment of a training and technical assistance program;
- Incentives for production (support of certification costs) ;
- Technical and institutional support for the organic profession.
Investment cost: 1.121 million DH, including :
Government : 286 million DH
Profession : 835 million DH